EUROBAT “Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS): Why a resilient and competitive battery industry is essential for EU energy security and decarbonisation” Webinar
Our webinar on “Battery Solutions for Energy Storage (BESS): Why a resilient and competitive battery industry is essential for EU energy security and decarbonisation” took place this week on 20 September.
We are thrilled to share with you the recording link for the webinar, as well as the speakers' presentations. Whether you missed the live event or want to revisit the insightful discussions our expert speakers provided us, now you can catch all the highlights by simply access the link. We also invite you to share this valuable resource with your network!
We have gathered some key highlights from the event:
- Energy storage technologies are leading the way as we shift to a greener and more reliable energy system. They act as the vital bridge between energy generation and consumption, enabling a seamless and sustainable energy transition. By efficiently storing excess energy when it's abundantly available and releasing it when demand peaks, these technologies play a pivotal role in ensuring a reliable energy supply. This not only enhances grid stability but also promotes the integration of renewable energy sources, charging the way for a cleaner and more dependable energy future for all of us.
- Stationary energy storage is the next major cutting-edge technology, set to grow much like the expansion we have experienced in Electric Vehicles (EV’s). Europe is making significant developments in this direction and there is a variety of opportunities for new startups to thrive.
Thank you to all the speakers and participants who joined us on Wednesday afternoon!
|15:00 - 15:03
Welcome and introduction
|Gert Meylemans / Director Communications – EUROBAT|
|15:03 - 15:10
Introduction of speakers
|Bernhard Riegel / Director Research & Development – HOPPECKE|
|15:10 - 15:20
|Ilka von Dalwigk / Policy Manager – EIT INNOENERGY / EUROPEAN BATTERY ALLIANCE (EBA)|
|15:20 - 15:30||Aida García / Advisor Renewables 2030 Framework Lead – EURELECTRIC;|
|15:30 - 16:10
Presentation of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) by EUROBAT members
|· Bernhard Riegel / Director Research & Development – HOPPECKE
· André Haubrock / Managing Director – INTILION;
· Gianpaolo Giuliani / Global Sales Director BESS – SUNLIGHT;
· Gery Bonduelle / Executive VP Sales – FREYR;
· Michael Lippert / Executive VP Sales – SAFT.
|16:10 - 16:25||Panel session with Q&A|
|16:25 - 16:30||Concluding remarks|